Affiliated with LASA since 1991
My current work focuses on older workers (f/m), their health, retirement, and life after retirement. Until my statutory retirement age, I was scientific director of LASA. Over the years, together with colleagues within and outside the LASA team, I have been involved in research on many aspects of functioning of older persons. My public book ‘The years gained; clear insights about how we age’ is a reflection of a large part of all this research. Now it is a great pleasure to be able to do my own research with the multifaceted data collected over the years by the LASA team.
In addition to my work in LASA, I have co-founded with prof.dr. Hans-Werner Wahl the international scientific journal the European Journal of Ageing, of which I was one of the editors from 2004 to 2017.
- Netspar – Secular trends in employment of older workers in the Netherlands and Norway
- Netspar – Occupation-based life expectancy
- Netspar – Changes in Retirement Policies and Cohort Differences
- Group work (leader)
- Group physical
- Group mental
- Groep care
- Core research group (KGO)
- outside LASA: member of several review panels and advisory boards related to longitudinal research in Europe