Contact: Natasja van Schoor
In waves C, D, F, G, H and 3B it was asked during the medical interview whether the respondent had ever been bedridden for a longer period of time.
Measurement instruments in LASA
Next question (mvar503) was asked to the respondent concerning bedriddenness:
– Have you ever (in waves: D, F, G and H: since last interview, in 3B: in the past three years) been confined to bed for a continuous period of 6 weeks or more?
In wave C the possible answers were:
2. Yes, before the age of 25
3. Yes, after the age of 25, but not in the past year
4. Yes, in the past year
In waves D, F, G, H and 3B the possible answers were:
2. Yes, but not in the past year
3. Yes, in the past year
LASAC182 / LASAD182 / LASAF182 / LASAG182 / LASAH182 / LAS3B182 (medical interview: mvar503, in Dutch)
LASAC182 / LASAD182 / LASAF182 / LASAG182 / LASAH182 / LAS3B182
Availability of information per wave ¹
¹ More information about the LASA data collection waves is available here.
* 2B=baseline second cohort;
3B=baseline third cohort;
MB=migrants: baseline first cohort
Me=data collected in medical interview
Previous use in LASA
So far, this question has not been used in LASA articles.
Date of last update: April, 2020